My beautiful girl. She had to get shots today, sad day.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
My Interesting Day
So today was quite an interesting day for me. Early this morning I woke up with some sharp pains in my lower abdomen. I kind of just wrote it off and went back to sleep (I was able to sleep just fine). So I woke up around 7:00 with Madison, worked out, watched some tv and realized that the pain was getting a little worse. At first I thought it was a bladder infection or something like that. So I went to the store and got a test for it, but the test was negative so I had no idea what was going on. Then all of a sudden the pain struck me like I was stabbed by a knife. Honestly it was the worst pain that I had been in in my entire life. Even worse that anything to do with labor. It was horrible. I called Alan and told him that I was in some pain and what did he think I should do. He was like well call the doctor. This was probably about 11:30. I had a doctors appointment for Madison at 2:30 so I was like well I will just wait until then. But there was no way that I could wait. I thought it was painful then, but it just kept getting worse. I didn't know that one person could feel that much pain and still be alive. I know that sounds dramatic, but it was so bad. So I tried to call the doctor, but because it was lunch time no one would pick up the phone I just kept getting voicemail after voicemail. By this point I was screaming in pain. I was so blessed that Madison just sat there in her carseat. I don't know what I would have done if she had started crying, there would be no way that I could have taken care of her, and that scares me. Anyway, so after not being able to get through to the doctor I called Alan back and said, through tears, I really need you to come home. He came home (it felt like a lifetime waiting for him) and I had made it upstairs and was ready to go to the ER. (Again, the drive to the ER felt like a lifetime.) No position, nothing eased this pain. I just screamed and cried all the way, and apparently I told Alan that I loved him because I thought I was dying. (I don't remember that part.) We got to the ER, and all I wanted to do was lay down, but they wouldn't let me. When we finally got registered they finally let me lay down. But the pain just continued. Finally after a little while of laying down the pain magically disappeared. What the heck!?!?!?! But the sharp pain that I was having early in the morning was still there. Anyway, they did an ultrasound and found out that I have a kidney stone and a Urinary Tract Infection. So they gave me some pain meds and antibiotics and I was on my way. So now I just have to wait for this thing to pass and be prepared for a lot more pain. Hopefully the pain meds will help with the pain the next time and the antibiotics will help the sharp pain that doesn't go away. Anyway, so that was my crazy day. I have never experienced anything like that ever in my entire life, so it was quite an adventure. And the one thing that keeps me going...

My beautiful girl. She had to get shots today, sad day.
My beautiful girl. She had to get shots today, sad day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That sucks Aubrey. I know exactly how that feels. I have had about 7 or 8 of those. Just had one about 2 weeks ago. I hope all is well. -Matt
I'm sorry about your day, hon! It's amazing the drive that those little ones give you. You are an amazing mom and you did everything right. I love you so much and i hope that you feel better soon. give my niece hugs and kisses for me and tell her that her aunt chelle loves her.
Oh my gosh! i'm glad your ok! that sounds painful hopefully they pass soon and little madison is GORGEOUS as ever!
Hope you feel better Aubrey. I'm glad Madison was a good girl and let mommy cry and scream in peace and quiet. :)
PS. I love that you told Alan you loved him because you thought you were dying, and then don't remember it. LOVE that. :)
Aub that does not sound fun at all. Thank goodness the big guy upstairs knew you needed a good baby today. Take the drugs and we'll pray it passes fast. I've heard they are painful. Sorry girl
dang! i hope you get felin better and yes my baby got shots to! super sad!
Oh Aubrey I'm so sorry. My mom and Dad get those and they say they are HORRIBLE. Are you feeling any better? If you need help with that little girl please call me or if you need me to take you somewhere. So are they just having you pass them or will they blast it? UTI's are the worst too! I'm so sorry. Call when you need me!
I hope you are now better and those nasty stones have passed. You have a sweet little girl from the sounds of it!
Post a Comment