Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jubilee of Trees...yes in July :)

So for those of you who don't know, with the help of my mom and sister, I'm decorating a tree this year for the Jubilee of Trees. (If you don't know what the Jubilee is click the link to learn more.) Alan's bank decided to sponsor a tree and he asked if I would design it. Not knowing at the time that I would be delivering a child at about the time it needs to be done I gladly accepted this challenge thinking it would be a fun project. I think it will be a fun project...as long as I get it done before I'm 8-9 months pregnant...so I'm working up some ideas right now. One of my ideas contains this...

the top of a can of soda.

Here's how it looks still connected to the can of soda...I need a lot of these. I don't have a certain number that I need...just hundreds to thousands. So here is my plea: If anyone has family, friends, neighbors, long distant cousins or anyone else who would be willing to save bottle tops for me I would be very appreciative. If you're willing to do it let me know and once a week or so I'll get with you to pick them up from you. I know it's a super odd request, but what I'm doing really is going to be neat.

The theme we've chosen for the tree is Coca Cola. So if anyone has any ideas on where I can get some really cool Coca Cola decorations/props/anything Coca Cola for a reasonable price please let me know.

7 comments:

Skyler and Bailey said...

My mom saves those anyways to recycle. So I will definitely get ya some!

Debbie said...

So if I save them will you get with me once a week to collect them? Cuz I would buy the cans just to have them if you would! LOL

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

The dollar store always has little trinkits and glasses and things that are all coke i'm sure you could find a ton of things. ;0)That sounds like a great idea.

The Christy's said...

Ebay!

Emma said...

Looks like you're on to something. I can see your creative juices flowing.

paddocks said...

I am commited to saving you more of these "thingy's"
but, first I want you to know that each and every one I save comes off a PEPSI can! If thats not too hypocritical for you I have tons on my counter again. LOL "Lindseys mom"

Ali Andrus said...

I have a collection of things that I have been saving in a box the past several years to design my own coca cola tree, I am happy to donate:) but I might make you come pick them up!!! LOL!!