Monday, January 19, 2009

Food Storage

So after going to lunch with some family and friends today I walked in the house to find this...

all of our food storage (or food that is) out of the cupboards and on our counters. Alan had the day off today...and this is what his project was. He took inventory on all the food storage that we have. I must say after doing this, I feel a little bit more confident about what we have. We for sure don't have enough for two years like the church recommends, but we have a good start.


These are what two of our cupboards look like now (you should have seen how disorganized they were before). That lazy susan is full of the #10 cans we filled at the cannery.
I know what you are thinking...who is that bald man standing in your kitchen...yes it's Alan. Oh that hair :( or should I say head (there isn't enough hair there to be classified as such). He was so proud of himself and I must say that I was pretty proud too! Good job honey!

To see how you are doing on your food storage go to http://www.thefoodguys.com/foodcalc.html

4 comments:

Skyler and Bailey said...

I am so impressed! I need to get on the ball, We have enough to last us like 2 months I swear!

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

Wow, you guys are amazing! Tell Alan good job, and i'm so proud of him for doing that.

The Schmutz Family said...

Awesome food storage. You guys are great.

"The Adams Family" dadadada said...

good job Alan! Im moving close to you! Jk we need to work on ours!