Thursday, April 29, 2010

Funny People

So last Saturday my friend Missy and I took our kids to the Main Street splash park to enjoy the nice weather. I got there a little before her so I just sat down and let Madison start playing in the stream (she loves "wager" (water) by the way). There was a funny family sitting across the stream from me and when they saw Madison they asked me, "Is she seriously walking by herself?" I said, "Yes she is." Obviously she was...anyway...they were like "Holy cow how old is she? She's the same size as our 8 month old." Which, sadly enough, she really was the same size as their 8 month old. I told them her age and then they asked the most odd question I've ever gotten, "Is her daddy dark?" I honestly was speechless. I mean obviously her daddy isn't dark. She's a white child! I was like, "Well, no." and they said, "Oh she just has such a dark complexion." It was so funny! I mean first of all I don't think I would ever ask that question to someone even if I didn't know the answer, but she doesn't even look like a black child, or mexican, or whatever they were thinking. I just think some people are so funny and I thought I would share...seriously, "Is her daddy dark?"

2 comments:

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

LOL! Dark complexion? What?! Too funny. I'm glad you guys had a fun time at the "wager".

The Christy's said...

Wow- that was a funny story. You should have replied, "Actually I don't know who her daddy is.. "