If two weeks ago someone had told me that I would have a screaming, fit throwing, nasty child at this time I would have laughed in their face. No, not my sweet little girl who had, for quite sometime, decided that she was a mommas girl, gave hugs and kisses regularly, sat and read books with me, and was such a joy to be around. But it has happened. My sweet angel has changed overnight into something that I have never seen before. Let me start off by saying I love this little girl with all my heart...but I need to get some frustration out...so read on if you must. MADISON IS DRIVING ME NUTS! There I feel a little better now. Where Madison used to give me kisses and hugs, she now hits and kicks me. She used to enjoy reading books with me or playing babies, now she just screams, yes SCREAMS, if it's not done the exact way that she wants it to be done (and by the way I still don't know how that is). If she doesn't get something she wants she literally throws herself on the ground rolling, kicking, and screaming at the top of her lungs until she gets it, which if you know me very well doesn't happen so she ends up in her room in her bed kicking and screaming until she finally calms herself down or falls asleep. This happened 5 times before lunchtime on Wednesday! I'm not kidding. Now I know that I am stubborn and I want things my way and I want control of certain things in my life. It has been clear since Madison was born that we would clash in that area because she is the same way, but I had no idea it would be this bad. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't last long...please don't let it last long!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there! Oh man I am so excited for that stage!! ha! By the way I think venting is totally allowed when you're a MOM!!! ;))
Gavin has done that same thing...well still does sometimes. But I've learned that sometimes its because they are just as frustrated as you are. Being a kid is hard especially when they can't talk and express what they really want. Hang in there! Remember to just set limitations but don't over frustrate either one of you. You are a great mom!
Oh Aubrey, I wish I was closer and could take her off your hands for awhile! I'm sorry if I"m laughing, I just can't picture her that way. You are wise to not give in. If she learns now, you won't have to fight that battle again when she is five! (and much stronger willed) Hang in there!
Post a Comment