Thursday, February 10, 2011

The big 2-3

A few days ago I turned 23! I remember being a teenager and thinking 23 year olds were so OLD! Haha it's not that old :) But seriously I can't believe that I graduated from high school almost FIVE years ago. It seems like it's gone by so fast. I've known Alan for almost FIVE years. It seems like the older I get the faster time seems to go. It's crazy! So here's what I did for my birthday...I realize there is a recurring theme here...haha.
My boss took me and my coworkers out to lunch at the restaurant of my choice...I chose Red Lobster. Yum!

The night of my birthday Alan had to work late...I mean like he didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning late. They were switching systems (or something) and so we weren't able to do anything super fun for my birthday night. (We had known for months that this would be the case.) So...my family and I took the kids to the new McDonalds in St. George!
Haha you may think it seems silly that I chose this for my birthday dinner, but it was nice that the kids could run free and play.

So for my real birthday dinner, the day after my birthday, Alan took me to the Anasazi Steakhouse. If you haven't been there, you are seriously missing out. It is so yummy! They bring out your meat on a 700 degree stone and you cook it yourself the way you want it. We also got yummy chocolate fondue...YUM!
So it may seem like this post is completely about food. Sad day. But for my real birthday present Alan gave me some money to go on a shopping spree in Vegas with my mom, sister, and sister in law. We went and had a fun girls day out a few weeks ago. I was in serious need of some new clothes. My husband takes such good care of me! It was a good birthday and it was nice to feel like I was a big deal for a day.



2 comments:

The Christy's said...

Happy Happy Birthday! It's ok that it was all about food because food is such an enjoyable thing, ya know?

The Christy's said...

did you realize it has been 3 months since you posted!?!??! I check this thing daily because i know someday you really will update.