Thursday, January 8, 2009

Madison's Blessing and such...

Last Sunday we blessed Madison. I had bought a blessing dress for her, but it turned out that it was way too big for her so the day before the blessing I still didn't have anything for her to wear. I called my mom to see if she would go shopping with me and she said well maybe I have your dress still and you could use that. What a great idea! Madison wore my blessing dress for her blessing. It fit great and amazingly it was still quite white after 20 years. She looked so pretty. I was nervous that she was going to cry during her blessing, but nope she was perfect the entire time. Thanks to everyone who was able to come and support us, we really appreciate it.

Some of Alan's family was able to come for the blessing and it's always fun to have them down. While we were at his parents house we had to find a safe place for Madison to sleep and we decided that under this side table was the best idea. Isn't she cute? Look at her little ruffle butt :)

Alan's sister Debbie and her family stayed at our house. We love when they come to stay with us, we have such a good time with them. This is their youngest son, Jackson, holding Madison. The nieces and nephews loved holding Madison, it was really cute. They would come sit by me and slyly say "Man, I wish I could hold her." It was adorable and I was really amazed at the way they all knew how to hold a little baby. I wasn't ever very far away though :)


6 comments:

The White Clan said...

Aubs! I am so sorry, I totally forgot about the blessing! Man I am a sucky cousin. She looks beautiful, and I am glad the show went on without me!

The Ruesch Fam said...

Like my sister I am so sorry I missed out. We were planning on coming, but we ended up leaving Vegas later than we had planned that day because Kelly had to take his grandma to get stiches. What a mess!She looks so beautiful!

The White Clan said...

Feel free to bring her. I would love to hold her!

Chelsey and Adam said...

Aubs! I can't believe its been this long since we have talked. I was going through all my old stuff the other day and found that awesome slide show you made linds and me for Christmas and I was laughing so hard! HAHA my husband thought I was crazy! Everything is going awesome for me. I'm just enjoying the married life and workin and going to school for my social work degree! What have you been up to, besides having a cute little baby!

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to hold her.

Debbie said...

Aubrey-Thanks for letting us crash your weekend. As usual we had a great time. "MJ" is adorable. Yes, I have some pictures for you, but Phil put them on our external hard drive, so I'll have to figure out how to take them off and email them. You guys are great. Love ya!
Debbie