Monday, March 23, 2009

Gold Rush of 2009

Alan was looking on google earth and he found an old Gold Mine in Utah that is no longer in use. So we decided we are going to find it and make ourselves rich. We went out a couple weeks ago with some of his work buddies and their wives/girlfriends. It was a blast, but we didn't find it. We took the jeep and looked all day to no avail, but we had some fun anyway.


Here's my mighty hunter shooting an anthill, very manly.


Alan and Danny desperately wanted to get a rabbit or something and we saw one, but they didn't get it dangit. I'm sure they got some of the ants though.


Well Alan and I went out again on a "Sunday Drive" and we found the mine! We were trying to go the hard way before, but there is a pretty well cut road that leads straight to it. We found some gold flakes, but nothing to really speak of. I'm almost positive that we won't find anything, but it's a fun adventure. We have to find things to entertain ourselves ya know.


That's one of the pits behind Alan, but there are lots more. They are huge!

1 comment:

Clint Rogers said...

What was the name of the mine? Was it black warrior? If not I know where another one is.