Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

WARNING: Long post :) Memorial Day weekend Alan and I decided to take our first overnight trip since Madison was born. We went up to stay with Alan's sister Debbie and her husband Phil and their family in Eagle Mountain. We love going and spending time up north with them. We always have a lot of fun. Sunday was actually our two year anniversary so that was kind of the point of the trip. On Friday night we went out to dinner and a movie while Mady (Debbie's daughter) watched Madison for us. I didn't get any pictures of our date because I forgot the camera at in the diaper bag so yeah...Thank you though Mady and Debbie for watching Madison so we could have an enjoyable time just the two of us. :)

Saturday morning we got up and decided to go for a hike. I don't know if anyone has ever hiked the Y mountain in Provo, but I'll tell you that hike kicks your butt! I'm still sore from the hike...granted I'm way out of shape, but still. You ascend over 1,100 feet in less then a mile. It's way steep, but it was very accomplishing. Here we three are before we started the hike. Madison was happy at this point.

Here are Debbie and Phil's two oldest kids, Jake and Mady, before we started the hike.

Here I am with Jackson, their youngest, before we started. (for some reason I thought Gabe was in this picture with us, but apparently he's not. So Gabe is not pictured unfortunately.)


Here's my happy little girl. :)


There were eleven turns on the trail and on each curve we all had to take a break and rest because it was sooo steep and it was hard. Maybe I'm a wimp, but I had a hard time. Anyway about halfway up Madison got bugged by the backpack and we ended up carrying her the rest of the way in our arms, which was fine, just made it harder. But on this curve you can see the bottom of the giant Y behind us. We were almost there! Oh and that in the white shirt with his back turned is Gabe...haha I didn't want him to be left out.

WE MADE IT! That's the Y behind Alan.

On Sunday after church Phil wanted to make us his steaks and they were amazing. Hmm they look mouthwatering right?

It was nice Sunday afternoon so we all went outside to sit while the steaks were cooking. Madison had just woken up from a three hour nap so she was very happy.

And the boys wrestled Alan on the tramp.

And last, but not least, here's my sitting up girl! She is getting so good at sitting up on her own and it was seriously just over the weekend that she did it. I'm amazed at how when she learns something it's like she is just amazing at it and can do it so well automatically. And that in her hand is her hairbrush. That has become her favorite toy, I know weird.
So thanks Debbie and Phil for letting us come up and crash at your house for the weekend. We always love coming and spending time with you and your family! Thanks!

6 comments:

Myles N Amanda said...

How fun! i dont do hikes very well, actually i dont do hikes at all . haha, thats so good she sits up on her own! im still strugglin with Haliava , she sits for like 10 seconds and falls face forward. got to love it!

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

I haven't done that hike, but i have heard that it kicks your butt. I'm glad that you guys had so much fun! I can't believe how big Madison is getting. She is so cute! Give her hugs ad kisses from her Aunt Chelle

Anonymous said...

shes getting so big and looks like you guys had a lot of fun! she seemed to be all smiles while you were hiking eh? thats wonderful!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Looks like tonz of fun. We missed you at the reunion but glad you guys had fun. I love those pictures of those big smiley gums what a doll!

Beth Olsen said...

AH MAN! I missed her sitting up! THIS is why you can never move away...I would hate to miss all of the milestones! (I just realized I sound really clingy and scary, but I'm not, don't worry) :D I am glad you guys had fun! We missed you this weekend! :D

Emma said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I have done the Y hike and you're right - it does kick your butt. Madison is darling! What a smiley little girl! Happy Anniversary, you two. And Happy Birthday to Alan tomorrow! Love ya!