Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Alan!

Today is Alan's 26th birthday! I just wanted to tell you how much I love you Alan and I hope your birthday is amazing!

Now I have to tell you all about my amazing find. Alan has been wanting a metal detector for a while so I thought I would get him one as a anniversary/birthday present this year. I decided that I would spend up to $150 on it, but I didn't really want to go over that. So I went to Big 5 and they only had one that was under $150, it was on sell for $100, but it wasn't the one I was really looking for. I wanted a digital one that told what kind of metal was in the ground. So I talked to the sales associate and she recommended the most expensive one (of course) that was $250. So I said that I couldn't get that one because it wasn't in my price range. So the girl was like well what are you willing to spend? I told her I thought I could get a decent one for around $150. So she was like okay just a minute and went to talk to her manager. She came back and was like we'll give it to you for $140. I was flabbergasted (good word huh :)! So I got it and I couldn't believe that they went down over $100 to get the sell...kinda shows you that you really can barter with people right now.


So Alan, my dad, and I went to the park last night and tried to find buried treasure :)



It was way fun and we found a nail, a couple of bottle caps, an old sprinkler head, and 26 cents. All in all it was a good day.
And of course a post wouldn't be complete without this face. Madison likes to sit on grass and play with it, which I think is kind of odd because it seems like it bothers most babies. I also did a little spout in her hair, I thought it turned out cute, but it sure was difficult to try to get her to sit still so I could do it.

8 comments:

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

Happy Birthday, Alan! That is such an awesome deal that you got, Aubs. I'm glad that you guys had fun at the park. And of course, love that little girl!!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Happy Birthday Allan. Sounds like you guys had a fun time. and good job on that find Aubrey!

Sandy said...

Happy birthday, Alan. When you coming East again? We'd love to meet the wife and babe.

The Schmutz Family said...

Madison is getting so big. I'm glad we have blogs to keep updates on our kids. I haven't held Madison since I had you guys over for dinner... I think she was a week old.

Myles N Amanda said...

how funny! that is a good deal! did madison just start sitting up on her own or did you sit with her and always sit behind her while she sat? i can't get hals to sit by herself!

Andrus Family said...

Happy happy happy birthday Alan!!!! a girl could NOT ask for a better brother....you have always been my truest friend and nothing in this world could replace you!!!!!! wish we could have celebrated this one together. miss you, all my love.

Emma said...

Sweet! Way to go Aubrey! Now I know who to call if I ever lose my wedding ring. :)
Happy Birthday Alan!

Steve said...

Happy Birthday bro. I hope you had fun. It sounds just like you to want something like a metal detector. I hope you find that buried treasure you are looking for. Let me know when you do. I could use a few gold coins right about now. Madison is getting big, it looks like. Keep in touch.