Wednesday, September 9, 2009

30 Meals in One Day...well almost

Since Alan and I are so busy all the time, we get home from work and neither one of us wants to cook, it is just so much effort! I know I'm lazy, but I found a solution to all the nights we have of piecing and eating out. My mom bought a book with recipes that work good to make and freeze so that all you have to do is thaw the meal, warm it up, and serve it. In other words: zero effort:) That sounds like my kind of meal.



So I decided one Saturday to make 30 meals in one day. Well that's what the book was called, but I only ended up doing 24 meals in one day, but hey who's counting.



It was sooo much work, especially with my little "helper" around. Alan was so good to watch her for me while I cooked, but she loves being in the kitchen with me.


One of my meals cooking.


Some of my bags before they went into the freezer. It was a lot of work and I was so exhausted after being on my feet for so long, it seriously took so much out of me, but I think it was worth it. It's kind of fun to have an actual meal at night instead of a PB&J or Top Ramen.

2 comments:

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

What an excellent idea! I should seriously borrow that book for right before my baby comes so that we actually have something to eat!

Debbie said...

Aubrey,
If you found any good recipes that freeze well let me know. I have a couple I can share with you too. Thanks
Deb