Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Big Changes!

In the last couple weeks we have made some changes at our house.


The first big change is that we are now the proud new owners of a 2006 Toyota Sienna. We've been thinking about getting a van for awhile. I test drove the Sienna a couple months ago and fell in love with it so I knew that's the kind of car I wanted to go with. We weren't thinking we would get one until like next spring, but got a great deal and couldn't pass it up.






The next change is...the potty! Madison has shown some interest in the potty and when she poops in her diaper she tells me that she's gone potty so I thought I would ease her into potty training. I'm not going to push her into anything right now...I'll wait until after the baby comes and she's adjusted to that before I'll throw potty training on top of her too.


It's more of a toy to her than anything right now. She loves to sit on it and I'm way too nervous to let her do it without a diaper. We'll get there, but for now she's enjoying it.


This is the first picture I've gotten of her smiling at the camera in I don't know how long so I had to post it. Don't mind her crazy hair. :)

And the last change seriously brings me to tears. Madison has advanced from the crib to a toddler bed. She's done really well with it. She loves bed time and nap time so she just goes and climbs in her bed and goes to sleep. She doesn't get out of bed until I go in and get her up, but I'm sure that will change when she realizes that she actually CAN get up on her own.

She looks so big in her bed and it makes me sad. She's growing up too fast.

4 comments:

The Christy's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Christy's said...

I deleted my other comment because I spelled a word wrong and that drives me crazy.
Fun changes!! Once baby number 3 comes to our home we'll upgrade to a minivan. I am looking forward to having more space. As for the potty, I too don't want to push Grahm. He has a lot of interest and has peed on the potty a few times but I don't want to try too earlier and have my efforts backfire.

Myles N Amanda said...

thats so stickin cute ... here in her bed, i'll be in major trouble the day hals gets in a big girls bed!

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

So cute! I'm jealous. I want a van, but your brother refuses to get one. Too much like your dad. hehehe.