This past weekend Alan, my dad, my brother Reed, and our friend BJ went on a 15 mile overnight hike over Pine Valley mountain. Why you may ask? I don't know, but despite being pretty sore and tired afterwards, I think they all felt very accomplished for doing it.

They started off in Mill Flat (somewhere near Pine Valley and Pinto) and hiked into New Harmony the next day. Alan said they pretty much went straight up one side and straight down the other.
The 5 fingers in Kolob. This was their view from the top. Pretty!
And this is what they hiked down through. I guess there was a fire where they were and they hiked through the ash of the burnt trees. Not much shade to hide under.
And this is what Alan's legs looked like after he took his boots and socks off. That is a line of dirt/ash from hiking through the burnt trees. Gross! Alan says he's glad he did it, but he doesn't need to do it again...I'm pretty sure they had fun though!

1 comment:
Way to take advantage of the recreational hiking opportunities around you, Alan! I bet that was an adventure.
Aubs - you're still looking way cute. I love those belly pics - since I can't see you every week!
Hang in there!
Post a Comment