Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our New Normal

I thought I would post a little bit about how we are doing these days. This little girl is by far the best baby I have ever seen. She eats well, she sleeps well, and when she is awake she is happy and content. She rarely cries and is happy to be held or lay by herself. She is starting to open her eyes more and more. I love snuggling her. I forgot how fun and rewarding it is to take care of a newborn.


Madison is doing really well with the adjustment. This week she is acting a little bit more clingy. When I sit down to feed Kennedie or just to hold her, she gets upset and wants me to hold her. It's really hard feeling like I have to choose between my two babies needs. It's even harder that Madison doesn't understand that Kennedie's need to eat takes precedence over her need to hold mommy. She's getting better, but I know she just needs time.


Fortunately she still completely loves Kennedie. She is very protective of her and loves to hold her. I constantly find Madison peeking into Kennedies bassinet when she's sleeping just to look at her.



Here's my pretty girl wide awake! I love her beautiful face!


Today my boss had a baby shower for Kennedie and we had lunch at her house. My coworkers daughter, Kaley, just had a little boy 10 days before Madison and she brought her little boy with her to the shower. He was 8 lbs. 2 oz. when he was born. It's funny to see the difference between them.


Here are me and Kaley holding each others babies. It's so fun to have babies around! It will be fun to see these two grow up together.

8 comments:

Myles N Amanda said...

oh so tiny! good to hear she is a good baby, always makes things alot easier, well not that its easy . haha

Telsha Winger & fam said...

how sweet!

The Christy's said...

Oh so fun. I want to come visit you when you feel like you want my crazy little family at your house. We don't have to stay long but I do want to come see your new babe. I"m glad Madison is doing well, Grahm was too young to know what was going on which was hard in some ways and easier in some.

Anonymous said...

Aw, you can definitely tell they're sisters:) I bet you are just loving life. That would be hard at times feeling like you have to choose between needs etc.. But I'm sure you do JUST GREAT! they're cute! and you look good aubs!

Skyler and Bailey said...

What a cute little family! Both your girls are so adorable. I am glad things are going well.

Ali Andrus said...

WOW! She really is so beautiful!! What a gorgeous family!! Can't wait to see you guys---and meet the little lovely!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is absolutely adorable!!!

Emma said...

She is darling. I want to snuggle her! I bet Madison is a wonderful big sister.