Monday, June 15, 2009

What we've been up to...

I thought I would post about what we have been up to in our extremely busy lives. So here goes. We'll start with Madison since we all know she's the most interesting. :)
Madison enjoys eating, but even more so she enjoys making a mess of herself. I seriously think that she does it because she knows it stresses me out for her to have food in her hair, up her nose, all over her shirt, and anywhere else you can imagine. I try so hard to keep her clean, but she always seems to stick her hand or nose or something in the bowl of food. It's really fun!
Madison also enjoys bouncing in her jumperoo. She gets so excited when I say "bounca bounca bounca" she goes crazy and starts jumping so hard. It's way cute!
She is getting so close to crawling. She tries so hard, but just ends up going backwards or rolling over. She will get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth, but she can't quite go yet. She ends up in predicaments like this quite often and yells for me to come save her. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up.
Madison enjoys playing with friends. She obviously can't really play yet, but she loves to watch other kids and gets so excited when they pay attention to her too! She is already my little social butterfly. This is my friend Lindsey's little boy Grahm. He'll be a year old this month. What cute kids!
Alan has been playing alot of sports lately and working out and eating right. The result: he's lost 23 pounds! He is so sexy he even checks himself out! haha. The other day I walked upstairs and I caught him dancing in front of the mirror. He didn't see me for a second, but was so embarrassed when he realized I was watching him. He's a pretty cool dude! He's just been doing the usual work and church routine, but he has also taken up golfing a little bit more this summer and gone with the guys at work and my brother in law Jeff quite a bit.

And then there's me. I don't really enjoy talking about myself too much, but I figure I'll tell everyone what I've been up to the last little while. Obviously the biggest part of my life is this beautiful happy little girl! She means the world to me and I don't know how I ever lived without her. But in addition to being mommy I have gone back to work at the Spectrum part time. Not an ideal situation, but needed for the time being. I'm so grateful to have my mom be able to watch her for me from 12:00 to 5:00 while I have to work. My sister and mother-in-law have also been so much help and I can't thank them enough for their love and support. It's been really hard for me to have to leave her, but it won't be forever. (I just have to keep telling myself that :) I've also been watching my grandpa for my parents in the mornings while my mom is at work. He's getting older and can't be left alone anymore. This has actually been a really good opportunity for me because I've been able to get to know my grandpa from a perspective of service. I think It's been more rewarding for me than it has been for him. Oh and also, I've been trying to eat better and work out. The result: I've lost 4 pounds...not quite as exciting as Alan, but I'm about halfway to my goal so yippee!

7 comments:

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

Congrats on the weight lose, girl! I think I have gained four pounds. Pregnancy isn't my favorite part of this process. Madison looks so big and beautiful. I'm so excited that in a few months we will be closer and Reed can finally meet her! Luv ya, guys!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Little girls are the best. That's funny that they gave you a decimal. Skylee has been 1st in height and weight... poor thing. I think all our kids are doomed with the short thing. Nice job on the weight loss! Let me know if you need any help with Madison we would love to watch her sometime:)

Myles N Amanda said...

HAHA you dont need to loose wieght you silly but good job! i still need to loose 10 pounds to be back to my normal wieght! hey email me your phone number , i thought i once had it and when i called it i found out it wasnt yours hahaha. yeah your baby is little i can't believe she is only 11 lbs! oh here is my email mylesgrover@hotmail.com

Andrus Family said...

You guys are awesome and we are so proud of you....alan 23 pounds?!?!??!?! wow man, that's freakin sweet!!! (aubrey--you look gorgeous!) we can't wait to see you guys! love you!

Beth Olsen said...

Ok, the picture of Madison in her bouncer, is TO DIE FOR! She is so stinkin' cute! I am so glad that Alan feels awesome...so awesome that he dances in front of the mirror! CUTE!

Anonymous said...

im glad you watch your grandpa too so i can pass you every morning on my way to work haha... sounds like everything is going good... and that is nice that you can leave her with family when you have to go to work. ps! you dont need to loose weight you dork!

tylerandtia said...

Hey!!! How are you doing? Your little girl is so cute!! You have a cute little family! I haven't seen you in a long time! She is so big already! I hope all is well with you!